Concerning the global Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, the safety of the whole IAQG International community is our highest priority.
With regard to the upcoming General Assembly and Meeting Week in San Diego, please note the following:
- IAQG is following the World Health Organization (WHO) advice and stated governmental restrictions for travel.
- Members/Invitees should work with their business and government travel policies to determine travel decisions.
- As information arises, IAQG leadership will work with committee leaders to assess the viability of committee meetings based on participation.
- Alternative arrangements (including postponement, virtual meetings, and virtual working sessions) are available based on the needs of each committee if travel restrictions do significantly influence participation.
- Each Sector is evaluating their future meetings and will inform sector members of revised meeting plans or dates.
- Until meeting arrangements are confirmed, travel booking caution is advised. If individual travel plans/bookings are made, refund/recovery options are advised to be considered and exercised.
- If your business has already imposed travel restrictions or you have other feedback that we should consider, please inform your sector leader.
The Executive Committee continues to monitor the changing situation and will update advice appropriate as the COVID-19 situation changes. A decision regarding the San Diego meeting will be made on 31 March 2020.