1. What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data of a professional nature which you or your organization have shared with us when (a) your member company contacts us to add you as its representative in the IAQG or as a committee participant; (b) you register to access and utilize IAQG data and information (such as OASIS or SCMH); (c) you attend IAQG or sector meetings and/or (d) you or your organization are contractors with the IAQG. The data we process includes personal data you voluntarily provide, such as:
- Your name
- Your function/title and key competencies
- Your work address, email address and /or phone number
- Your geographical region or country
- Your committees of activity or meeting attendance
- Photography in association with IAQG meetings and activities Contractor terms/financials
- Technical data in accordance with cookie use
- Dietary preferences or special needs (in association with IAQG meetings and conferences)
2. How do we use this information and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process your personal data only for the following purposes:
- For the functioning of IAQG’s organization, including committees, organization of networking between member organizations, meeting minutes and historical archiving
- For business development and communication
- For the organization of events and activities which includes the administration of members and attendees
- Managing and performing contracts
These processing operations are based on the legitimate interests of the IAQG and of its member organizations in the functioning of the IAQG in accordance with its corporate objectives as a standard writing and networking organization. Considering that your personal data are professional information, we consider that this processing has limited impact on your rights and interest. Where you act as an IAQG contractor, the processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party including the organization of your work with us and to meet our contractual obligations (e.g. pay invoices).
3. With whom and where will we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data with member organizations and committees to process it for the purposes of inter-group administration We may also share your personal data with our subcontractors which will act as processors, i.e. third-party providers of services on behalf of the IAQG, including web hosting, communication, business development, finance processing and accounting. Some of our processors are established outside the EEA, meaning that your personal data will be transferred to a third country. Those processors may be located in a country not covered by an adequacy decision by the European Commission, in which case the protection of your data is safeguarded by means of the standard contract clauses (Commission decision 2010/87). A copy of these clauses may be obtained by contacting us ([email protected]).
4. How long will you keep my personal data?
We will not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was obtained or to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, enforce our terms and conditions or to prevent fraud and abuse. Data retention periods shall be reviewed on a periodic basis to determine the basis and length of retention. In regard to personal data related to IAQG meetings, committees or company representation, the data will be retained in the various archives or minutes to preserve the activities of the IAQG.
5. What are my rights in relation to my personal data?
You have the right to request access to the personal data that we are processing, the rectification of erroneous data and, if all legal conditions are met, the erasure of your data or to object to the processing. You have a right to data portability. Where you suspect that your rights have been violated, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with competent supervisory authority. If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
6. Where can I find more information about IAQG’s handling of my data?
Should you have any queries regarding this policy, about IAQG’s processing of your personal data or wish to exercise your rights you can contact IAQG’s Privacy Team using through the contact us page.