As an international non-profit association under the Belgian law with office registered in Brussels (Belgium), the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) was established in 1998 under the umbrella of the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). In 2013, the IAQG became an International Not-For-Profit Association under Belgium Law.
The IAQG sets the standard for quality within the worldwide supply chain of the aerospace industry. The organization is comprised of member companies within the aviation, space and defense industries who design, development, manufacture and support original equipment at system or subsystem levels. The IAQG is committed to establishing commonality of quality systems and improvement standards. These standards are documented, published and applied internationally by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and circulated throughout the supply chain.
- Establish commonality of aviation, space and defense quality systems, “as documented” and “as applied”
- Establish and implement a process of continual improvement to bring initiatives to life
- Establish methods to share best practices in the aviation, space and defense industry
- Coordinate initiatives and activities with regulatory/government agencies and other industry Stakeholders
- Establish and maintain a dynamic cooperation based on trust between aerospace & defense companies on initiatives to make significant improvements in quality performance and reductions in cost throughout the value stream.
- Initial focus is to continuously improve the processes used by the supply chain to consistently deliver high quality products, thereby reducing non-value added activities and costs.
The IAQG implements quality initiatives for improvements throughout the aerospace product and services value stream.
For that purpose, the IAQG:
- Promotes a Quality culture
- Establishes and maintains Quality Management System standards.
- Delivers the Industry Controlled Other Party Certification system
- Provides measureable benefit to Stakeholders, Customers and Suppliers.
- Collects and offers best practices, processes and harmonized requirements
- Promotes cooperation between international aviation, space and defense companies
IAQG is the recognized global leader for Aviation, Space, and Defense Industries and sets the standards for quality within its worldwide supply chain. Member companies come together to improve the industry by streamlining initiatives, being quality-centric and continuously promoting harmonziations. Their vast experiences and knowledge validate and promote industry best practices, while collectively seeking to improve the entire value stream and reducing non-value added activities and costs.