As a reminder, the transition date for organizations to be certificated to the 2016 version of the 9100, 9110 and 9120 series is fast approaching with the deadline of 15 September 2018.
Aligned with the ISO 9001 certification timing, the 9100 series transition protocols in Supplemental Rule 003 were modified adding clarity to acceptable dates for an organization in process of certification:
- The transition period still remains at 15 September 2018.
- If organizations have not transitioned and received their 9100:2016-series certification by this date, their certification will no longer be valid and expire.
- If the organization has started the transition on-site audit before the 15 September 2018 deadline, they will be given until 15 March 2019 to finish the certification process.
- If the organization has not started the transition on-site audit before the 15 September 2018 deadline, they will need to start a new certification with a Stage 1 and 2 audits.
- Susie Neal, Transition Leader on behalf of the IAQG, is optimistic about transition progress to date, citing many organizations nearing completion. Susie stated, the ‘IAQG Certification Team is monitoring details of where each organization is in the transition process and all indications are, that as a whole, we are ahead of transitions from previous years’.
- If you have questions concerning your organization’s certification status, please contact your Certification Body (CB) representative.