Established in 2011, the AAQG Leadership Team established the Mike Gallagher Award to honor the memory of Mike Gallagher and the tremendous impact he had on the aviation, space and defense industry. In 2020, this award will transition to the AAQG Excellence Award. Nomination are accepted throught July 1 (Mike Gallagher Award Nomination Form).
This annual award is based on the following criteria for the selection:
- The significance of the individual’s contribution to the IAQG ICOP scheme.
- The impact and influence of the contribution on the progress of the aviation, space and defense industry.
- The value of the contribution to the aviation, space, and defense industry, the regulatory authorities and the general public.
- Recognition by the individual’s peers in AAQG for both leadership and participation in bringing to realization the important objectives of the AAQG.
- 2019 – Darrell Taylor, Raytheon
- 2018 – Edward Bayne, The Boeing Company
- 2017 – John Horan, Integrity Quality Services LLC
- 2016 – Donald Buehler, Export Solutions, Inc.
- 2015 – Dale Gordon, ANAB
- 2014 – Tim Lee, The Boeing Company
- 2013 – Colin Clarke, Bombardier Aerospace
- 2012 – Richard J. Downs, Cessna
- 2011 – Michael C. Roberts, The Boeing Company